PROJECT COORDINATOR CUM ADMINISTRATOR IN CREATIVE ARTS EDUCATION
We are seeking for a dynamic and energetic individual:
- Who believes in creative education for young people and community
- Who enjoys working with young people and local community
- Who enjoys processes than only result
Position: Project Co-ordinator cum administrator (full time)
Summary of position: To be responsible for general office administration and provide co-ordination support to on-going projects.
- To ensure correspondence and documents are filed appropriately.
- To prepare reports and minutes, order office supplies and attend to visitors.
- To keep inventory of products and manage sales.
- To update organisation website and facebook.
- To support on-going projects in terms of logistics and publicity
- To track project milestones, budgets and prepare status reports.
- To co-ordinate between various stakeholders involved in the project such as suppliers, local community, volunteers and consultants.
- To lead and drive projects where appropriate in terms of planning and implementation.
- To manage project social media sites where relevant.
- To undertake other special assignments, ad-hoc functions and related duties as and when required.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, History, Arts, Social Sciences or Mass Communications or related experience
- Good inter-communication skills with people of various backgrounds
- Strong written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- A team player with positive attitude and a passion for people and culture
- Enjoys field work and willing to work flexi hours and week ends.
- Savvy social media and computer skills.
To commensurate with relevant working experience.
Interested candidates please e-mail cv with expected salary to email@example.com
About Arts-ED (Community-based Arts & Culture Education)
Arts-ED is a non-profit organisation based in Penang, Malaysia since 2000 which specialises in innovative community-based arts and culture education for young people and adult communities. The work of ARTS-ED is focused on empowering communities to develop awareness of their cultural assets through mapping, documentation, promotion and celebration of culture.
Arts-ED provides non-formal arts and culture education programs for young people, conducts research-type service in cultural mapping and community consultation, produces cultural events and publishes culture-related educational materials. Arts-ED works in collaboration with institutions, arts educators, artists, and community activists to promote culture education at a local and regional level.
Web: www.arts-ed-penang.org FB: https://www.facebook.com/artsedpenang